May Lunch Menu
April Lunch Menu
What's new in the lunchroom?
- In January 2012, the USDA proposed new nutrition standards for school lunch programs. They should be finalized by September, and are being implemented in the 2012-13 school year.
- As we continue to encourage extra fruit and vegetable consumption, we will be adding more items made with rich leafy greens and orange vegetables.
- More whole grain bread items will be added to the menu as we work towards having all our bread items whole-grain rich.
- We have not had 2% milk in years, therefore we will continue with our current milk choices of 1% white, skim white, and skim chocolate.
- We will continue to reduce foods high in sodium and added sugar as a priority this year.
- We will be experimenting with several new food options. As we test and evaluate successful food items may be added to the menu.
> National School Lunch Program update 2012
Encourage your child to try all the new things…they might be surprised!
Feel free to contact Sue Lubben
anytime by email to check your child’s balance.
Sue will continue to contact you by phone or email when a balance is negative. Your child will receive a “lunch” bag stamp on their hand when their account has a low balance, which means the balance is below $5.00.